We believe that corporate governance - how the board of directors oversees and governs our company - is essential to enhancing shareholder value.
Our board is composed of a majority of independent, knowledgeable directors who:
- understand the oil and gas industry
- understand our royalty business
- promote an overall culture of transparency and ethical business conduct
- actively work together to foster our short and long-term success
Relationship with CN Pension Trust Funds
The Manager of Freehold is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rife Resources Ltd., which is 100% owned by the CN Pension Trust Funds (the pension funds for employees of the Canadian National Railway Company). The CN Pension Trust Funds holds approximately 16% of Freehold's common shares.
Freehold has an nine-member board, the majority of whom are independent directors. The Chairman of the board is an independent director, as are the directors who chair the Audit, Finance and Risk, Governance, Nominating and Compensation, and Reserves committees.
The board of directors is committed to maintaining a high standard of governance. The Board has responsibility for the overall stewardship of Freehold and its controlled entities and discharges its responsibility by reviewing, discussing and approving Freehold's strategic planning and organizational structure, and supervising management, including retention of the Manager, with a view to preserving and enhancing the underlying value of the Company.
- Board Mandate
- Audit, Finance and Risk Committee Mandate
- Governance, Nominating and Compensation Committee Mandate
- Reserves Committee Mandate
Policies are in place to ensure that:
- Freehold has consistent standards and procedures for communication of both material and non-material information;
- Communication of material information to the investing public (whether positive or negative) is timely, factual and accurate, and is broadly disseminated in a non-selective manner in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines; and
- The directors and officers of Freehold and the employees of the Manager have been given guidelines regarding trading in securities of Freehold, including mandatory blackout periods.
- Code of Business Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Disclosure Policy and Disclosure Committee Mandate
- Insider Trading Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Environment, Health & Safety Policy
- Majority Voting Policy
- Board Diversity and Renewal Policy
Contact the Board
Freehold Royalties Ltd.
Attention: Chair of the Board
1000, 517 – 10th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0A8
Toll Free: 1-888-257-1873